Some products are evolutionary, some are revolutionary. Like the GoPro Camera before it, the Lume Cube seems to be the latter. The two are already being compared as game changers, and they compliment each other well.
It’s a rare occasion to fall in love with a new product. I have used, played with, and lived with the Lume Cube long enough to say I absolutely love everything about it. It’s an incredibly well designed and manufactured piece of mind boggling 21st Century technology.
A bright 1.5 inch ice cube sized LED light in a rugged waterproofed machined metal housing. The minute I took it out of the box I knew this product was something special. I also knew I wanted a dozen more.
In a nutshell, the Lume Cube is a tiny 1500 lumen light, battery, and flash all in one. Oh, and you can control it with your phone, in fact you can control a bunch of them.
Download the free control app to your phone, enter the serial number of the cube and your email and you are done. Press the button on the cube and your phone finds and remembers the cube. Fast and easy, just the way tech should be done.
The light output of the quality LED can be set to any one of 10 different brightness levels. At full power it pumps out a whopping 1500 lumens in a very wide flood pattern. The Lume Cube can also be used as a flash for taking pictures, and it can even be set to flash when other flashes are detected for sophisticated effects.
It is easy to imagine a thousand uses just for photography and videography alone. The Lume Cube is so much more. Law Enforcement, Fire Departments, Military, Search and Rescue, hiking, fishing, off roading, the list of uses is endless.
My recommendation, buy one now but be warned, you’ll want more than one! See the video below for a quick review of the Lume Cube. Here is a link to all the bundles and accessories offered by Lume Cube.
Here are the technical specifications from Lume Cube:
- 1.5″ cubed. Fits in the palm of your hand
- 6000K light temperature
- Adjustable lighting between 0 and 1500 lumens
- 150 Lux @ 9 feet (3M)
- Constant video light (25+ minutes on full power)
- 45+ minutes on 90 percent brightness, 120+ minutes on 50 percent brightness
- Fully waterproof down to 100′
- Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
- Bluetooth-controlled via Lume Cube smartphone App (iOS, Android)
- Adjustable flash duration
- 1/4 20 mount on the bottom with multiple mounting options
- Connect up to 5 Lume Cubes and control each individually with the “Lume Cube Pro” App
- Red Eye reduction control
- Lume Cube and Lume Cube Pro Applications available in the Apple App Store and Google Play
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.